Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

Things I Didn't Do on Vacation

We're heading for home tomorrow, carrying a load of books I didn't read, and I've just written out directions for the return trip in a notebook in which I didn't write a word along the way. I thought when I headed out that this trip would be a good time to:

1. Finish reading the Federalist Papers and the Anti-Federalist Papers, which I decided to revisit after a discussion about the upcoming election back in February.

2. Sneak in a little work...I know...I know...but I DID bring along a little, just in case.

3. Do some writing for Rational Outrage, which has been badly neglected due to my recent deadlines at work.

4. Do some creative writing--hence the optimistic new notebook purchased along the road.

5. Watch a couple of recent movies in the hotel at night, since I never get that opportunity at home.

6. Tour many more historic locations in Savannah than we've seen.

Instead, I slept late, read a couple of throwaway novels, watched a couple of movies on Disney Channel with my kid, played in the ocean, dug shells out of the sand, drifted in the hotel swimming pool, ordered room service, spent time with a couple of friends that I never see in real life, ate breakfast on the balcony and played Uno, War and Slapjack. And I'm pretty good with all that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty darn good to me.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a quality vacation to me. I'm jealous. :P

Anonymous said...

It sounds just like what a vacation is meant to be. Sometimes its the things we don't do that bring us the greatest satisfaction