Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More Stuff I Shouldn't Think is Funny

Last night, with storms raging and tornado warnings and tree branches crashing down all around us, my daughter and her friend settled into my living room. My townhouse is split-level, so my living room is halfway underground and seemed the safest place to settle them.

Of course, since they're adolescent girls, settling them in the living room was a little like packing up for a week's vacation. It involved not only blankets and pillows on the living room floor, but a laptop, a stack of video games, Dance, Dance Revolution, drinks, art supplies, DVDs...you get the picture.

The air calmed. This morning I surveyed the wreckage outside and the wreckage inside and couldn't decide which presented a greater challenge. Finally, after lunch, I said, "Tori, I really need you to get control of the living room."

And she surveyed the room, with not a square inch of floor space available, and said, "Mom, I HAVE control of this room."

No comments: