1. Sitting in the car for an hour or driving in circle because I know what the rest of the day will be like if I interrupt an unexpected nap.
2. Really sticky kisses that for some reason aren't icky at all.
3. How long something like watching a train pass by can remain interesting to a three-year-old.
4. The warm weight of a sleeping child.
5. How HIGH UP tiny children look when they climb almost anything.
6. The smell of Johnson's Baby Shampoo.
7. The extreme difficulty of staying focused on the misdeed at hand while looking into big, shiny brown eyes.
8. The willingness to appear in public wearing antlers.
9. The fact that a small child will scream "help!" when the television goes fuzzy with the same tone and degree of urgency he might employ were he trapped in a burning building.
10. The immeasurable value of fresh-from-the-bath-in-clean-pajamas hugs.
11. The endless capacity for repetition.
12. Being unable to remember when I last found time to take a shower.