Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recycling 101

No, this isn't about environmentally friendly re-use of products. I'm all for that, but it's not what I came here to talk about. I came here to talk about the 80s.

Last night I ran across this link on Twitter. The post begins "You know you grew up in the 80s if...", but an interesting thing happened. See, I didn't exactly GROW UP in the 80s--I started high school in 1980. I expected to have missed a few of the trends, but then, I have a sister who is 8 years younger. I expected to recognize a lot from her days, and that's exactly what happened: SHE had Strawberry Shortcake dolls...SHE watched Fraggle Rock.

But the real winner--the person with the most "yes" responses and therefore, according to this list, the person who "knows" she grew up in the 80s, was my thirteen-year-old daughter (born in 1996).

Thus, I've concluded that the test is flawed. One bit of good news, though: we've decided to have an 80s party this summer, and she's agreed to let ME tweak HER.

PS: Apologies to Gerri for getting her hopes up with the title.

1 comment:

DeDee said...

Fragle Rock Is still on the air. My kids watch it. The retro Channel. I remember watching that year and years ago lol