I don't surprise easily, really. I was surprised, though, when Mark Stoneman tagged me for this meme. I've been tagged for this one before on RockStories and just recently on What's Wrong Around Us? , but Mark's tag gave me the opportunity to write something personal on my brand new personal blog. It took me a while to get around to it because I was busy sitting around an marveling about the fact that Mark had participated in a meme. No, I'm kidding. Really. I've just been really busy with work. But I'm giving this one some thought, because unlike any of my other five blogs, this blog is ABOUT ME, and this kind of thing is actually appropriate here.
1. I spent years actively trying to quit the job that eventually evolved into the amazing opportunity that just came my way.
2. I'm such a workaholic that my daughter, at about age 8, observed, "It seems like the way you get most of your friends is by hiring them."
3. It's been 17 years since I last saw an ocean, and I've never stopped longing to go back.
4. I am a better friend than I am a significant other; fortunately, I manage not to muck things up too much in the significant other phase and so can revert to friendship without too much trouble.
5. I like public transportation. I realize this requires some explanation since it's wholly irrational, but I haven't got any. I just like it.
6. I'm going to be a step-grandmother in June, and it's a little weird to contemplate.
7 . Chi Chi's was my favorite restaurant ever, and I'm still not over it closing. It's been several years, and when someone says "out to dinner", it's still Chi Chi's that comes to mind.
8. I love to dance in the rain, preferably with all of my children. (I wonder how long it will be before I can get that grand-baby out in the rain...)
And since we're branching out, I'm going to grab some totally new people to tag this time around. First, Carma, whose blog I discovered for the first time today due to a lovely comment she made about one of my posts on RockStories. And Brigid, because she recently made the mistake of saying, "There must be something I can talk about..." on her blog. She's a writer at heart, so it shouldn't be too hard. And finally Carol, at Can't Holder Tongue, who will not respond unless I go and tell her I've tagged her because this blog is so new that I'm quite sure she doesn't know it exists.